Primary School Poetry Lessons

Guest john

The teacher asked her grade 3 primary class to make up a poem ending with the words, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Little Charlie said he had thought of a poem with these words & the Teacher asked him to come out to the front of the class & recite the poem:

Charlies Poem was as follows: "When I grow up to be a man ,I want to go to Germany & Japan ,if I can ,if I can ,if I can". The teacher said that was very good Charlie.

Little Mary then put up her hand up & said she had made up a poem & the Teacher asked her to come out to the front of the class & recite her poem which she did as follows: " When I grow up to be a lady, I would like to have many a baby, if I can, if I can, if I can" The teacher said to Mary that was very good.

Then little Johnny said he had a poem & the Teacher asked him to come out to the front of the class & recite his poem as follows: " When I grow up top be a man, bugger going to Germany & Japan , because I would like to help Mary with her little plan, if I can, if I can, if I can."