another new member!

Guest Ultralights

Guest Ultralights

hello all!

yep, new here, this site has great potential! and free of the political BS of pprune etc.

little about myself, i was an engineer with QF for 11 yrs. structures and composites! sadly the SARS virus was the companies excuse, and my path to a LAME ended. on a positve side, the renumeration packages was well worth it and now run a sucessful business within the Music indusrty.

oh the flying bit, yeah, held a PPL since i was legally able to (15) and held it now for 17 yrs! log book is approaching 500 hrs in things from Piper Warriors up to Arrows, but the last 3 yrs has seen my Ultralight (RAA) hrs quickly catch up on my PPL time. flying Jabirus, and the occasional sapphire.

i am just about to take the step to aircraft ownership, and plan to have 3 in the hangar before long, firstly a Jabiru, for use on a flight line, a Cri-Cri, for twin time and aerobatic fun, and a MCR01 for the long haul flights. plans for the cri cri are on their way from france.

I am aiming to get the cri cri completed within 2 yrs, and the Jabiru online before the end of this year.

Looking forward to seeing the site grow and become a great place to talk about flying in Oz without making it complicted!

Rob.

Guest Glenn

Welcome Ultralights. Cri Cri, an unusual name. What is it exactly? 8) ohh and the MCR01? I'm still learning as you can see.

Guest Ultralights

please, try not to laugh!

this is a cri cri,

outside view

pretty small!!! but good for 120 kts, and unlimited aerobatics!

and the MCR01

and just a little glimps at the perfomance.

Vc 75% FL0 21 l/hr - 37 mpg 150 kts 172 mph

Vc 75% FL80 16.7 l/hr - 49 mpg 157 kts 181 mph

Vc 65% FL80 14.5 l/hr - 52 mpg 148 kts 170 mph

Vc 55% FL80 12.3 l/hr - 57 mpg 137 kts 157 mph

Stall Speed 48 kts

Rate of Climb with VP prop 1750 fpm

Take off and landing distance 210 yds 190 m

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Ultralights

ahh pprune, that site is a good laugh! i know quite a few engineers on that site, just like to keep an eye on how things are going for those that didnt leave when i did, and i like a gentle stirr every now and then..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ultralights

so far im still chasing info on this, but it sadly looks like i will have to get a twin endorsment, so far the RAA hasnt given me an answer on rego with them as it would a first of type (all others are VH) I will most probably go with VH for insurance, and full availability of airspace as VH. though fitting a transponder will push me to MTOW with full fuel (20Ltrs) MTOW is 190KG.

In the UK and Canada, it can be flown with just a single engine licence, as flight with 1 engine out has no assymetric effects! The prop wake is deflected off the canopy and counteracts the assymetric effect of only 1 engine operating! and adding more power to only helps to keep the effect to a minimum.

but since when has CASA used common sence!

pictures will be back up soon..