Hi from VH-TQP

Guest vh-tqp

Guest vh-tqp

As soon as i work out the avatar thing, you'll see VH-TQP is an F27 and not the current QF Dash 8-100. Obviously a reg inherited from TAA, and for those that don't know, the "Q" in TQP indicated a Quickchange fokker.

Why VH-TQP? It's all i could think of, and a bit of homage to my father (a TAA captain) who got me interested in aviation. :lol:

Guest Ultralights

welcome aboard, cant wait to see pics of the F27, one of my favourite aircraft of all time! and your father is a lucky man to have flown one!

Guest Guest

Welcome aboard. :D

Have you, and Ultralights, had a chance to look at my trip photos. :D

The F27 Ferry Flight was an Ansett F27QC. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Guest Glenn

I bought some old magazines the other day called aircraft. They are Australian from the early to mid 80's and i think there may be some ads with the F27 and Fokkers. Also there's some Australian, TAA and Ansett ads.

Guest Guest

Yes, a truly fine Aircraft. :D

And as I voted in your poll, my favourite propeller Aircraft. :D

[/url]

Guest Ultralights

yep i have seen those pics, i would have given anything to go on a trip like that!

i have tonnes of photos of my flying trips, sadly my scanner isnt co-operating, as usual.

Guest vh-tqp

I read your F27 ferry trip report, LAME and found it quite interesting and would have been a great flight. My father delivered TQP, took 7 days amsterdam to oz, wish I'd gone too, but I was only 8. I visited the TAA museum in Melb recently, they had a 1/100 delivery F27 model given to all delivery captains, my father didn't get it! Must have gone to the other captain. I don't have any still photos of the trip, but have some home movie video (converted to VHS) of the trip, includes TQP in the Fokker factory looking very smart and clean.

how do i add photos?

Guest Ultralights

if the photos are on the web somewhere, you can use image tags

paste%20the%20web%20adress%20of%20the%20image%20here

this will then open the image in the post.

also when posting, you will see a IMG button on the top right corner area, clicking this will automatically place the and in the post for you. press it once to get then%20past%20your%20image%20adress%20then%20click%20it%20again%20to%20get%20the

eg www%20dot%20yourwebspace%20dot%20com%20dot%20au/mypic.jpg

hope this helps.

Guest Glenn
if the photos are on the web somewhere, you can use image tags paste%20the%20web%20adress%20of%20the%20image%20here

this will then open the image in the post.

That's correct but please limit them to 3 or 4 due to bandwidth and us poor people on dial up :( Or you can place links to the pics.

No you can't upload photos directly. There is a mod I can add to do this but I'm not confident enough with php to edit the files and secondly web space is also an issue.

Guest Ultralights

thought i might edit this as it didnt work like i thought,

looking forward to hearing more about the F27 and associated adventures! :P

• 2 months later...
Guest Glenn
Welcome aboard. Have you, and Ultralights, had a chance to look at my trip photos.

The F27 Ferry Flight was an Ansett F27QC.

Was looking through the forums and was wondering where your trip report is Lame. :)

Guest Guest

I deleted all my trip reports as there were no images. :(

The site that the images were stored on appears to have gone down forever. :(

I may do them again one day, using ImageShack, but not now I am way too busy with my auctions. :D

Guest Glenn

That was a quick reply :) No worries. Wasn't sure if they were lost. I also noticed another post of yours disappeared. But it was fault. 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif The post was under Aviation Calendar of Events. :roll: