Hi fellow aviators

Guest turningbase

Guest turningbase

Hi fellow aviators

I grew up with my mind never far from aviation and my head continually craned upwards identifying the type of aircraft flying over. Riding my bike to Essendon aerodrome and Air Training Corps cadets filled my weekends, and models of Spitfires and Lancasters always hung from my bedroom ceiling. I achieved my PPL in the 1980?s before marriage, mortgage and children grounded me, along with the dream of a career in flying.

Strange thing about aviation; once it?s in your blood you can never really kick the addiction. In 2003 I got airborne again flying Piper Warriors and completed some great sorties to Point Cook and around country Victoria. Then the financial bogeyman kept me wingless again until I discovered the RA-Aus licence at the beginning of 2006.

So now I?m progressing enthusiastically through a flight training course, have soloed again and am onto forced landing practice. I love every second of the flying and are taking the time to do lots of study and revise the theory. No stopping me this time ? the plan is to log heaps of airtime in the years to come and develop a top level of airmanship, safety and flying skill.

I?m looking forward to talking and learning from you guys on these forums.

Regards

turningbase

Good on ya'

Many people are "gunna go back to flying" and don't, others go away but the day they mooch around an aerodrome they're hooked again.

I think the RAA is the way to go. They seem to be concentrating on flying planes rather than operating them, pretending they're flying jets or preparing students to fly them.

You DON'T fly modern airliners, you operate auto pilots and monitor systems (I did it long enough to know!)

There is nothing as good as poling a plane around the sky and being part of the old brotherhood.

We're more comfortable than Kingsford Smith was but we're doing much the same.

Get out there and enjoy every moment of your love.

Sixties