Hey..was cookinn fellow aviators...newbie alert!

CP_Adi

Guest Chainsaw

Hi there and welcome to this very friendly community.

You will also notice that we will try to help you with any question, and that include the 'dumb' ones.

Mate, this is a great place to be. :)

Cheers,

Chainy

Welcome mate.

If you want to get to know us better and do a bit of spotting we are holding a small spotting weekend in late March of next year up in Sydney. See (admin edit - that link is only available to Golden Wing Club Members ) Once again, have fun and Welcome Aboard.

• 1 month later...
Guest pilotgirl

Welcome to the forum!

If you want some goss on good vs. bad flying schools, just let me know.

I know some really good ones and lots of bad ones 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

My husband has gone the long, hard commercial road and knows a LOT about the road travelled. He's been everywhere from Melbourne to Adelaide to far North Qld and a fair bit in between.

As for me, I'm still still stuck with a GFPT attained in 2003.........never,, never marry a pilot :roll: You'll be broke for life!!

Just be warned that the commercial road is like a 10 year apprenticeship - and never kick those beneath/those you work with 'cos one day you're likely to be working for them or begging for a job! Be prepared to sacrifice a lot of life's luxuries, live in crappy places, flying crappy planes just to get those precious hours in your log book, flying for peanuts. Two minute noodles will be your staple diet and you will wonder, many, many times if it's all worth it. Hang in there, however, learn all that you can and treat others with respect. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Period.

Don't let flying schools tell that you'll be flying jets in three years - they're lying..........unless of course, you have unlimited funds (like rich parents) in which case, disregard all I've said earlier.

Aviation is a long, hard haul - but it IS worth it if you love it enough to do the tough yards.

:D

If you want to PM, feel free.