Hello, another new newbie :)

Guest thuvt

Guest thuvt

Hello everybody,

I’m Thu, from Vietnam and I found the website while searching for airplane-related stuff. Compared to many professional here my flight experience is sure humble but it's airplanes, blimps, rockets, spacecrafts that are all my interest. I hope I can join the forum well.

A little bit more about myself:

Full name: Thu, Vu Trong

Job: Software Engineer

Place: Hanoi, Vietnam

Hobbies: All the things I listed above, well, anything that can fly :)

Thanks,

Thu

Guest Glenn

Hi thuvt. Thanks for registering. If there's anything you want to know just ask and we will do our best to help you.

Guest thuvt

Another busy week has passed and I have come back to the forum. I can see a lot of people here flying different kinds of airplanes, that must be great. But how about your first flying experience, or the first time you boarded an airplane? I'm sure they are unforgettable moments in your life, just like me.

The first time I boarded an airplane is in 2004 on an Airbus 320 for a domestic flight. I had experienced a lot of "first" that time: to get a boarding pass, custom procedures, waiting anxiously for the take off, enjoy the acceleration and the felt a little dizzy, see the Earth from the sky, learn how to cure earache...

Last year, I had a chance to go to the US for a month, there I met an airplane enthusiast who gave me a ride in his Cessna 172. What a surprise to me then! He even gave me the control while we were in the air so I tried to roll, pitch, make a 360 degree turn... :) The experience flying fighter aircraft simulation applied so well 8)

That was so exciting to be free in the sky and I always wish for more experience like this, and you?

Hi Thuvt,

As a fellow newcomer to this forum, welcome to the forum :lol:

From vietnam you say, well, i must tell you, a few months ago was my first trip to vietnam, flying into a small airport called Hai Phong.

Airport controllers and staff were ever so friendly, i cant wait to go back there one day on leisure as opposed to business.

If your interested in some stories, Ive just written my "first ever online story regarding an experience ive had whilst enjoying my job. Titled, its a boring Job.

It may contain a few technical terms, but has some pictures too

http://www.theaussieaviator.net/viewtopic.php?t=4656

Guest thuvt

@George:

Hai Phong has a small military airport which has been upgraded to a commercial airport where you landed a few months ago. They are planning to upgrade it to a true international airport so next time you come to Vietnam you may not even recognize it ;)

Had a brief look at your online book, it's great to see the inside story of a flight and I felt as if I was inside the cockpit :)

I'll read the story more thoroughly when I have more time. Just want to let you know I love technical terms so don't be worry. Btw, be sure to tell me when you publish your full book ;)