So close I can smell it!

Guest Crash Lander

Guest Crash Lander

Right,

Well, yesterday, I went and saw Mother Nature, and I sat her down, and I said: "Lool! You've had a good run, and now it's my turn! You give me some clear weather today, or there' ll be trouble!"

She protested a little, and gave me some heavy rain for the drive out to the airfield, but she knew who was boss, and made sure there was no rain, and minimal winds for me to do 1.4hrs.

You see, you just gotta know how to speak to these women!

Anyway, I was able to get to 3500ft with ease, so did my solo practice stalls., Did some steep, and medium turns, and then returned to the airfield for a touch and go, with the next circuit to be a precautionary circuit at 500ft. The 500ft circuit was to be to a full stop, with that stop being froma short field landing. Then taxy back to 17, for a short field take off, to another 500ft circit, then around again for another short field landing.

The first thing I noticed was that a 500ft circuit is very low indeed.

The first short field landing was ok, but I came in a little fast, and wasn't really happy with how short I stopped. I taxyed back around to 17, and got her off the ground in no time from the short field take off. Flew the 500ft circuit, and this time, I landed the a/c MUCH shorter. Maybe 150ft or more shorter I reakon, so I was much happier with that.

I was keeping an eye on the rain bands that were coming through, and had a few stern words to Mother Nature again a couple of times, but she soon realised I meant buisness, and held off until I was ready.

All up I did 1.4hrs, with 10 take offs (and landings of course!).

Managed to get every last thing in my syllabus signed off, with the only thing remaining being 0.6hrs of solo to satisfy my passenger endorsement, and the flight test, which is now booked for next Saturday afternoon. Weather and maintenance permitting.

The Gazelle is bokked in to get a new nose wheel strut and all the wing bolts replaced. They say it should be ready for Saturday afternoon, otherwise it will be Sunday morning.

Once back in the office, Barb says, now you just need to think about the Radio Exam!

"WHAT!?!?" Nobody told me I had to do an actual exam for the radio!

She says: "Are you up to speed on all your publications?"

"What publications! Never been given any!" I said. :Lets just have a crack at it now, and if I don't pass it, I'll know what I need to go study!"

So, I get the exam. 20 questions, multiple choice. Couldn't be too hard I wouldn't imagine.

Do the exam in next to no time.

She starts to mark it.

First 6 or so are correct, and she comes out with: "What did you do? Just guess them?"

"Thanks for the vote of confidence!" I said! LOL!

She then clarified that I wouldn't have known a lot of it because I don't have access to an ERSA and plans etc.

"Oh but I do!" I said! "Terry was kind enough to give me some old ones!"

End result? 100% correct on the exam!

Thanks Terry!

Roll on flight test! Do you think I'm getting excited?

Guest Mick.B

Keep up the good work crash. I think I saw you doing some circuits when driving past last week on the way to Pt Lonsdale. There was a real good westerly which is why I took notice Must have been nice and challenging

No not at all 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

The weather here was sunny with clear blue skies. Then later in the afternoon the clouds rolled in. I guess they were the ones haunting you.

Fingers crossed and good luck for your test :)

Guest Crash Lander
Keep up the good work crash. I think I saw you doing some circuits when driving past last week on the way to Pt Lonsdale. There was a real good westerly which is why I took notice Must have been nice and challenging

Thanks Mick. If it was during the week, it wasn't me. Don't think I've had much of a westerly crosswind for a while, but if it was a little green a/c, then that was the Gazelle.

Guest Crash Lander

No not at all 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

The weather here was sunny with clear blue skies. Then later in the afternoon the clouds rolled in. I guess they were the ones haunting you.

Fingers crossed and good luck for your test :)

Probably was the weather that I staved off with my chat with Mother Nature.

I actually managed to sneak in a 0.7 hour flight on Tuesday, and I only needed 0.6 hours to get my passenger endorsement, so all I need now is the flight test, so fingers crossed on the weather. I think if I speak to Mother Nature again, like I did last week, she'll strike me down with thunder and lighteneing.

Thanks for the wishes guys! I'll let you know how I go!