Some More!!

Robbo

There came from http://www.poweredparachutecentre.com.a ... corner.htm

Running a flying school is one of the most challenging affairs that I have undertaken, yet it is also the most exhilarating – fun filled adventure that I have encountered.

Pilots corner is all about adventures in the air, dreams, challenges, and funny happenings.

Like the time that Charlie had an engine out at Richmond, putting in a mayday call (God forbid) and then landing in a large paddock used by the western university, he and his passenger were happily talking about the mountain views at 1500 ft when the engine stopped, dead silence and then the conversation move smoothly into fences…trees. and power lines, landing safely (as you do in a ppc) in long grass in the paddock, Charlie looked up at the gathered concerned rescue team and said “ this is the escape pod†don’t know where the aircraft went. (nick name now Captain maydayâ€

Or the time that Richmond tower went active and tried to explain to a USA 767 pilot that there were two Aerochutes to the north of current position. The American pilot came back and said “Richmond Tower, what is an Aerochute�?? The tower operator stumbling for words said Ah.. Ah.. a type of thing with a parachute for a wing. Don’t think the American pilot was any the wiser.

A female pilot at Sydney's Bankstown airport was in a hurry to get airborne, she made the following request: "Bankstown Tower Cessna ABC requests an intersexual departure runway 29R."

Almost straight away ATC reply: "ABC, The full length is available."

Lady Radar Controller: "Can I turn you on at 7 miles?"

Airline Captain: "Madam, you can try."

A DC-10 had an exceedingly long roll out after landing with his approach speed just a little too high.

San Jose Tower: "American 751 heavy, turn right at the end, if able. If not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off of Highway 101 and make a right at the light to return to the airport."

More from our "Don't get wise with us" file:

A United Airlines 747 captain tries to make light banter with Sydney, Australia, Approach Control ...

Captain: "Good morning, Sydney, this is United XXX, we're 50 miles out and have your island in sight ..."

Approach: "Roger, United ... you're cleared to circle the island twice, then it's okay to land."

During night ops training the instructor,

wanted to simulate a landing light failure:

Tower: Cessna 1234, cleared to land runway 31.

Pilot: Cleared to land, Cessna 1234.

We'll switch off the landing light for training purposes.

Tower: Roger. Do you want us to switch off the

runway lights as well?

There are old pilots,

There are bold pilots,

But, there are no old-bold pilots

Powered parachute:

"Tower, Powered parachute, student pilot, I am out of fuel."

Tower:

"Roger Powered parachute, reduce airspeed to best glide!! Do you have the airfield in sight?!?"

Powered parachute:

"Uh... tower, I am on the south ramp; I just want to know where the jerry can is."

Always try to keep the number of landings you make

equal to the number of take offs you've made.

The only time you have too much fuel is if you're on fire.

When in doubt, hold on to your altitude.

No one has ever collided with the sky.

The three most useless things to a pilot are the altitude above you,

runway behind you, and a tenth of a second ago.

Whether you fly commercial…private pilot or ultra light …there is one thing in common….the joy of flight …

As Orville Wright said “ The exhilaration of flying is to keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sportâ€

And Wilbur Wright commented…â€More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination.