I Got to Take my Wife Flying

Guest Thrasher

Guest Thrasher

I'm a bit exited...I have finally got to take my Wife Flying. First time ever for me...after being together for 15 years..& me flying for 10...I organised a flight a while ago with our CFI Bruce...just to do a quick circuit...He ended up doing a 20 min flight with her...No airsicknes as was normal in Big Jets...But after she got out she said that that was enough for her..

So I didn't get to take her flying that day...Fast forward to August last year...I bought a share in a Jabiru J120...Great little plane...But wife not a bit interested, Flying is my thing...not hers as she said...

Well out of the blue... I am asked if she took Saturday off work could she come flying with me, in our little Jabiru...

So last Saturday I got to take her for a 20min flight form Lethbridge to Meredith & Back...We could have got to Buninyong if it hadn't been for that Big Bump the Jab found in the sky...that was enough...Take me back was the request...

The landing she said was Good...so that made my day too as some of the Boys were watching as they knew it was a first flight with her for me, if I had of bounced it in I would have copped it from them as well...as my wife...

Steve

Guest Chainsaw

Wow, fantastic mate :) What a huge thing for you. Now all you have to do is convince her to be a spotter too *grin*

Guest OzChris

Great news Steve!

That is just awesome mate!!

There is no greater joy than to share flying with your loved ones.

Guest David C

Steve... It's a very memorable and exciting day when you take your partner flying for the first time . It will live with you just as your first solo has .. Well done , amd here's to more of em ..:biggrin:

Dave C

Good news Steve. my wife also is not overly keen but have taken her up a couple of times when weather is exceptional. Same with my 2 daughters, I have taken them both up but they would rather go shopping than flying.... girls hmmph.!

so is that Jab syndicate working out as you hoped?

Terry

Guest Thrasher

Yes I would love to have her more involved with my flying...as a Aviatrix or a spotter or even getting her trained up so she can land the Plane if I was unable too...I know of a few guys who are getting their wives trained in that roll...But we'll see wot happens...next I'd like to get the Daughters in the air aswell & maybe the son in laws...One SIL is keen the other one less so...

Yes it was a very memorable moment for me...very much like my first solo...although I did feel more relaxed & a bit more confident than my first solo.

The Syndicate is working well...we are enjoying our time flying it...we have a 1/4 share available for the right person...

Steve

Guest jayjayoz

Hi,

I took my wife flying in June for our wedding anniv ersary (43). Now she is hooked and learning to fly. Not too bad for an oldie either.

jayjayoz

Guest bushcaddy 80

Well done Thrasher.

I can still remember (and have video proof) the first time I took my wife for a flight. It was from YCHT out to the Burdekin Dam and back in a Skyfox Gazelle not above 3500. One of the best moments that I can remeber, the best part is that we now have our aircraft (almost complete Bushcaddy R80 with just the last 80%(crappy little fiddly bits) to go). Also took my son for a flight again very memorable, but daughter say's not a chance!

Again well done mate