Another YKAT hello

zedman

Hey everyone.

Just thought i'd say g'day. My home base is good old Katoomba Airfield. I noticed there's a few of the other YKAT crew on this site - howdy.

For those who haven't had the please of visiting our fine little strip, please make some time next you're in the air - we love to have visitors - and the strip is NOT as bad as people say, just use your rudder.

Anyways, here's some more pics.

Yes it is. From memory, it's owned by the guy who owns the Katoomba and Bowral (or is it Mittagong) NRMA agency.

At the moment there is a Jab 160, Cessna 180, Sportcat, and a yellow thing i forgotten the name of. Plus various itinerant aircraft from time to time.

The Sportcat is a new acquisition. Single seat, tail dragger, removable wings, fits into a trailer. It was being LAME checked on Saturday for the new owner, so the RAA papers are up to date. It looks very curious. I should have taken a photo - doh!

If it's PBI or BPI it used to be owned by Australia By Air/Skymaster Air Services (Ian Smith), one of the two is in Scone at the moment for SIDS I think? And I think BPI is now in Essendon. Hey Zedman any trikes up there??

Nope. No trikes. But down near Blackheath/Mount Victoria there are a few guys who paraglide. And down at Hartley there's a guy with a Sinus (or with Sinus !).

And every now and then a Piper Arrow spends a few days at the field.

Guest David C

Hi Zedman ,

Welcome my friend . I'm one of those infamous Flyers from that little airfield across the valley . I hope you have a long and happy association with us and look forward to both meeting you one day and also sharing your posts . Fly safe .

Dave C

• 1 month later...
If it's PBI or BPI it used to be owned by Australia By Air/Skymaster Air Services (Ian Smith), one of the two is in Scone at the moment for SIDS I think? And I think BPI is now in Essendon. Hey Zedman any trikes up there??

Gday Diamond,

In regards to the 310, its current owner is Tony Wheeler.

I,m not sure of the rego I have posted in the next reply a pretty awful pic of it (taken on a crappy mobile ph) as Zedman stated, he is the franchise holder of the Katoomba NRMA (I,m not sure about Bowral) the 310 is a family "airloom" 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif and was his fathers, whom bought it brand new from the factory. It has been re-engined a couple of years ago, and is currently in deep service for a major service of spar inspection,s etc. There is no expense spared on this beutiful plane. It sounds awsome when he flys into YKAT every Wed morn straight over my house at Leura on his way to join the circuit then gets the pitch on ( or is it off ??).

Missing it these days while its out of service for the next 3 months.