Hi, new to forum

Guest dangerfield

Guest OzChris

Hi Dangerfield - welcome to TAA!

The Aeropup is an awesome Recreational Kit Aircraft...of course, the pro's & Con's will be highly dependent on what you want/need/expect from an aircraft.

They are a good honest strong aircraft - apparently easy to build. They are a tail dragger, so that (for me) is a definite pro, but to others a con. Folding wing system is a bonus! The Aeropup has good cruise speed, plenty of range, heaps of legroom for the larger pilot and is pretty robust.

I have seen one around here where I live at Lethbridge Airpark - a really nice machine indeed! I have a picture of it in the photo albums here:

Guest dangerfield

Thanks for that reply OzChris. The Aeropup looks like a nice machine. I am thinking of getting one. I have seen some discussion on some forums about C of G problems. I would be keen to hear if anyone knows if this is an issue and if so is it easily correctable?

Cheers

Guest OzChris

I have not heard anything like that with the later Aeropups. I would imagine it would be an easy fix, but in reality if it has been built and signed off, it should not have this issue. If you are building it and you find that is the end result, then there are ways to have the CoG in the right position.

Im sure that the factory in SA could steer you in the right direction though - they are good blokes! Speak to them about your issues - sometimes people say things on forums that are not 100% accurate.

Im sure there are some Aeropups out there that *may* have that CoG issue you speak of, but then it may be the result of an incorrect build...I have only heard good things about the later Aeropups and Supapups.

I would be interested to hear what you find out about the Aeropup though. It is one of my fave Recreational Aircraft.