3 Cyl Suzuki 1000cc

Guest Graeme M

Guest Graeme M

Has anybody had any expience with this engine?

I thought I would like to try it on a PPC instead of the 2-stroke options.

Graeme.

I think I just answered my own question: there's some discussion here http://www.geocities.com/ib2polish/HistoryEngine.html

Being fundamentally a "car" person I wasn't familiar with this motor as it hasn't been sold in Ozland, to the best of my knowledge.

Ya wunder why they made it a triple, though ... 4's are better balanced, if a little heavier.

Guest Michael Coates

I had one of these running in a loelle P51 Mustang. It was a normally aspirated three cylinder engine running through a raven belt driven gearbox and was rated at 60 hp. Although I never flew the aircraft upon completion the owner did tell me that it went quite well. It is a lot more hassle than just simply bolting in a Rotax 582 engine. The engine is much larger and heavier than the equivalent Rotax. It is meant to be cheaper but by the time you source everything it ends up costing about the same and is much more complicated installation. If I was doing everything again I would simply go out and buy a purpose-built aircraft engine like the Rotax 582 because it would have saved me hundreds of hours in the installation/construction. I imagine in the 10 years since I owned this engine they would now be coming very scarce, they were never imported into Australia in large numbers and most of the engines had to be imported from Japan because the only model in Australia that used the engine was the Suzuki mighty boy and a small carry van as mentioned above. If you are interested I will see if I can find some photographs of it installed in the Mustang.