Ahoy thar!

Degrees

I'm new here, thought the introduction forum was seemingly appropriate place to make an introduction. Funny that.

I'm a recreational pilot of around 35 hours, I hold an RAA certificate and all of my hours are on the Jabiru 170. Can't say I'm a big fan of the whole RAA thing, would much rather fly real aeroplanes, but I guess you've got to start somewhere and I don't have a lot of money. And as my instructor always says: it's the most fun you can have with your pants on. I'm thinking i would have to have close to 100 hours on microsoft flight simulator, not that that means anything in the real world, but it sure shows my aero-nerdiness.

I'm currently studying to be an avionics AME, also known as a "Conehead" or "Queertrader" at Aviation Australia in Brisbane and will be for the next 11 months. I'm a self confessed aerosexual, I know far too much about aeroplanes and I believe the left hand seat in a heavy jet is my goal in life.

Welcome to TAA Degrees. Sounds like you will be a valuable member here like everyone else. I hope you can stick around and join in.

Welcome on board, Degrees - you'll find us a friendly lot here, with none of the "flaming" that I've seen on some other sites.

What can you tell us about your avatar?

It reminds me of a comic book/strip? that existed about 10 years B.T. (Before Television in Oz...). Cheeky little chap, isn't he!

Guest Darren Masters

Welcome Degrees from another self-confessed aerosexual. I did the opposite, went from GA to microlight/ultralight/recreational aircraft. I have flown Tomahawks, Warriors a Bantam and like you the Scare-aroo. Hope you are having fun. Would not mind being in the left seat myself but for now I enjoy pushing carts up and down the aisle of the A320 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif Looking forward to your contributions at this amazing place we call TAA. Again, welcome 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest apollo11

Welcome Degrees, I'm only new to TAA myself but I can already see that we have a great bunch of people, I'm sure you will get a great deal of fun & friendship from "TAA - the friendly, friendly way"...sadly that may not mean much but it was the end tune for commercials for Trans Australian Airlines in the 70's. Anyway, good luck with getting in that left seat, keep the goal firmly in sight. You know it's said that a dream is merely a goal with a deadline. Cheers for now,

Apollo11.

:biggrin: