New member from Brisbane

Alan Spears

Howdy all,

I flew professionally for many years in GA,commuter & finally airlines,domestic & international.

Retired now....do I miss it....No! Although I look back with fond memories,I can now enjoy rain,thunderstorms,the forecast of fog tomorrow & I don't fear the phone call ''Hello,it's operations here,how soon can you get to the airport?''

Anyhoo,I've taken up painting;my favourite subject,aviation art.

Regards,Aye Ess.

Guest Darren Masters

G'day and welcome to the forums. Would love to see some of your work :smile:I know about the phone calls you refer to 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Gday AyeEss

Good to see more participants, Do you have any residual interest in flying, have you considered a step UP to recreational aircraft?? I imagine it would be quite liberating to fly where and when you wanted after a career such as you describe.

Thanx Darren.....I would post some piccys but us oldies are flat out working the new fangled pewters.

I'll ask my son to assist some time.

Qwerty,I've never thought of wreckreational aircraft....maybe some day when I get enough courage I might even venture into that area.

Yes,Qwerty,you are correct.....they certainly fill the gap between not flying & spending a lot of money on the Cessnas & pipers of this world.

Incidently,when I learnt to fly a PA28 was $14 solo & $16 dual......now before everyone says 'that was cheap';it still represented a lot of money back then.

And no doubt,in another few decades,today's prices will seem a bargain.

No No No, you have it all wrong.....these are the days...right now, get in and fly, right now, Drifter, trike, Lightwing or a plastic.....they are all good and cheaper than $14/hr and $90/hr in their respective times.

In fifteen years we willa llbe saying how cheap and regulation free Rec aviation was back in 2010.......go now and enjoy, its all there and its cheaper than it has ever been and the aircraft are all pretty well sorted now......Go Go Go.