New to flying and new to the forums

Guest Sam86

Guest Sam86

Hi All,

My name is Sam and I live in Brisbane. I've been a flying enthusiast for nearly my whole life though my love of avaiation was only firmly cemented when I attended the Avalon International Airshow in the early 90's when I was 6 or 7 years old. I've only recently started to get serious about chasing my dream of obtaining my PPL (and hopefully CPL eventually) by joining the Redcliffe Aero Club here on the northside of Brisbane. I've got my first briefing/flying lesson booked in for this Saturday and I'm over the moon about it. Wish me luck!

Guest Chainsaw

Gday and welcome Sam!

All the best for your first session this Sat. We would all love to hear how you go.

Guest aviatrix27

Welcome Sam! Best of luck with your flying training, I just know you're going to love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sam86

Well I've been slack on replying to my own thread but the long and the short of it is that my first lesson (explanation of controls) was a success! With any luck I'll be able to book myself another lesson in the next month to keep the ball rolling. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Guest Michael Coates

Hi Sam, dont forget there are a large number of sport aviation venues close by like Boonah, Caboolture and Jacobs Well... make some time to get around for a visit ! You will enjoy the experience.

try http://www.gcsfc.org.au