G'day all, from the big smoke of Sydney!

Hi all

Found these forums sometime ago, though haven't had the chance to post until now!

My name's Maikha, I like planes and stuff. It has been a dormant interest for several years until I moved to Sydney this year to work in the media industry. Have lived in Wagga Wagga for the past three years, and enjoyed spotting Turboprops at Forest Hill, heading to Temora for their airshows and the odd stint down at Lockhart gliding.

Now in Sydney, going after a GFPT in a Warrior at Bankstown, which is only a few minutes up the road from me, do spend sometime by the fence at YSSY photographing the bigger planes and do travel to airshows and open days whenever I can.

Interests wise, as the username goes, I have a softspot for anything with propellers, from Chieftans to SAABs to Q400s, I'm just an absolute sucker for turboprops (From all my spotting days in Wagga!), and by the fence at Sydney I'd be happy to pay more attention to a SAAB 340 or a King Air, than one of those double deck French built planes, whatever they're called again! :biggrin:

So that's me, in a nutshell.

Guest Chainsaw

Gday Maikha,

Nice to have you aboard.

Yes, I have noticed your great photography mate, just love the sometimes unusual slant you have in taking them. You are more than welcome to share on here too.

I also prefer the sound of round too. There are plenty of people on here that share that passion.

than one of those double deck French built planes

Yea, the Dugong lolAny questions? Just ask :)

Thanks all! Good to know I'm not the only freak out there that ignores jets in favour of Turboprops. I seemingly get funny looks everytime I admit such a specific interest to other spotters.

Will definitely be adding some photos to this place when I get the time to. Have plenty to share.