Hi from Scotland

Guest Canberra Man

Guest Canberra Man

A young 80. Ex Royal Artillery ack ack. 3 Months after demob I signed on in the Royal Air Force, trained as electrical fitter and worked on the Avro Lincoln and the Canberra. Did a 6 month detachment in Malaya dropping 1,000 pounders on the terrs. Spent 30 years in the food industry with Cherry Valley (Oven ready duckling)12 years as a speciial constable on the Grimsby Police. 30 years with Air Cadets and received the Cadet Forces Long Service medal and clasp and I finished off with the Commandants Commendation. Now put a bit of time in with the local aviation museum and help my wife breeding miniatur poodles. When we have time we do a bit of caravanning. Phew!

Ken

Hello Ken,

Your time with the Lincoln's & Canberra's must have been an experience. Hope you can share some stories with us. I was wondering if your local museum is the Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum.

Regards,

Willie.

Guest Canberra Man

To Willedo.

Yes, it is the Dumfries and Galloway Aviation museum, I've been there since 2003. I will try and sort out some photo's

Ken

Hello again, Ken,

I've put a post in the Warbirds forum looking for a bit of information on a MK111A reflector gunsight. I'd assume that they were out of service by the time you were involved with the Lincolns, but was wondering if you knew something about them. Any information at all would be greatly valued.

Regards,

Willedoo.

• 8 months later...
Guest Canberra Man
Gday and welcome Ken.I'd love to hear some stories about the Lincoln.

Hi again.

If you check 'Aviation humour and stories' you will find Tales from the RAF. Enjoy!

Ken