Prop balancer

Guest DWB

See an advert for a new balancer on the market - Dynavibe. At AU$1850 would be a good bit of kit for a shared investment between a few AC owners I think.

That's a lot, must be a good set up. Prop balancing doesn't seem as important as it used to be. Spose composite and metal blades are more balanced from the factory than wooden ever were. There are simple ways of balancing props but yoo wouldn't get it to the nearest flea testicle like the lectronik one's.

Do yoo have trouble focusing your eyes with full power Dex? Are your arms going to sleep from the vibrations?:D

Do yoo have trouble focusing your eyes with full power Dex? Are your arms going to sleep from the vibrations?:D

Not yet, well not when I'm flying lol

Guest Michael Coates

All the main shops use these products.... http://www.acessystems.com They have one for sport planes at just over $1,000 from memory. They have been around for years and are probably the best known IMO in the industry. It might be worth looking at their products as well, most are tens of thousands of dollars and a professional units for turbines and helicopters but they do have a sport model which is called the Viper something

There are two C150's I know that could do with a prop balance. Must have something to do with the LAME(s) continously needing to grind the stone chips out of the leading edges. And yes I do have trouble focusing or even hearing the radio at full power in these examples. You can balance a steel prop-full-of-dings? Cool. Wonder how many dings it would take to unbalance it again?

Serves them right for not pumping up the front struts