Raf Vc10 Za150 Bae Warton Flypast - The Final Chapter

TAA donaldson1

Thanks for posting .. Such a remarkable aircraft and what great service it gave . I believe the paticular airplane in the video was reg XV147 . It also did a fly by at Birmingham Airport , my ex spotting base , some time later I am reliably informed . One of the remaining two aircraft is to position from RAF Brize Norton to Brutingthorpe on 25th Sept , quite possibly the last ever VC10 flight . I was privileged to see one flying last year during my time in the UK... I'll always remember the sight and sound .

Dave C

Thanks for posting .. Such a remarkable aircraft and what great service it gave . I believe the paticular airplane in the video was reg XV147 . It also did a fly by at Birmingham Airport , my ex spotting base , some time later I am reliably informed . One of the remaining two aircraft is to position from RAF Brize Norton to Brutingthorpe on 25th Sept , quite possibly the last ever VC10 flight . I was privileged to see one flying last year during my time in the UK... I'll always remember the sight and sound .Dave C

Some confusion as to the serial of this VC10, It was supposed to be XV147 but when one of the other spotters took a closer look at his photos turns out it was ZA150. This sadly was the final sortie, One aircraft is being flown to Bruntingthorpe on the 25th for preservation and display

My mates at Birmingham have confirmed with me that their VC10 was ZA147 ..... Was the Warton VC10 accompanied by a Tornado GR4 ? ..

Dave C