Rebuilt and flying

Hi, I have been OS and dropped off this site, now back in OZ and have re winged and rebuilt my little Airborne Outback 582 microlight, flying out of Bond Springs which is 20 Ks North from Alice Springs.

Hope to do a 500 nm circumnavigation of the Centre this coming winter over 10 days, will post images when it happens.

If interested here is a clip from Bond Springs .

Regards John.

Guest Howard Hughes

Welcome John.

I Lived in Alice Springs from 1997-1999, did a glider flight out of Bond Springs, one I will never forget!

Hi Howard,

Some distance and altitude records have come from Bond Springs, the late multi millionaire Steve Fossett was a regular visitor with his German built glider.

Its a tough place to fly in summer, sometimes Im all finished with a 3 hour cross country leg by 8am due thermals and hot wind, ya have to be prepaired to sit in camp till 5pm for the last 3 hours of good air.

But winter flying here is the best.

Regards John.

Guest Howard Hughes

Steve Fossett was in Alice (when I was there) for one of his around the World balloon attempts, ended up not launching due to weather conditions and damage to the balloon. Met a couple who were invloved with the attempt and got to see inside the capsule.