Lightwing grounding

flyerme

The original ano 95:10 is nothing like the later CAO one

Yeah, they keep on amending them. So is the original ANO 95.55 nothing like the current CAO 95.55. But that's not because of the change in title. The things are "Orders" - ANO stands for Air navigation Order - i.e. an order made under the old Air navigation Regulations. CAO stands for "Civil Aviation Order" - i.e. an order made under the Civil Aviation Regulations. But if you track back through the amendment history - and I have almost 40 years of it - you'll see that ANOs became CAOs pretty well seamlessly, and just went on being amended.

In any case, the "Orders" are a third tier of regulation after the Act and the Regulations; and they're slated to be scrapped. All that third tier stuff came into existence back in the '60s or earlier, as a means whereby DCA could shift the goalposts without having to put it through Parliament. That got stopped about 1983, and they became "Disallowable Instruments" - which means Parliament gets a chance to look at them, tho I doubt it ever does much - and since then the Orders have been something of an anachronism. But vigilance is needed, because CASA will make all sorts of changes when it sweeps them into Part 149.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ozzie

Of course by the time you get to the final CAO it is nothing like the original as i have pointed out from the start ie the original ANO is nothing like the CAO one.

And of course there was no consultation with the users of the said ANO/CAO by the AUF/ RAAus, CAA/CASA.

Of course by the time you get to the final CAO it is nothing like the original as i have pointed out from the start ie the original ANO is nothing like the CAO one.And of course there was no consultation with the users of the said ANO/CAO by the AUF/ RAAus, CAA/CASA.

What makes you think the current version is "final"? It keeps on changing. Consultation? What's that?

Guest ozzie

Change that then to "Current"

Consultation or lack of it will be the RAAus's downfall. They have failed miserably recently to show they are worthy to act on behalf of members best interests.

Main reason why i have not renewed this year.