New here; looking forward to learning

nig71

Hi, just signed up, it seems most searches seem to come past this site . I am 43 and just started my training. Next lesson stalls then circuits.

I would like to get my own plane within the next couple of years to keep skills up. I am a farmer so I think the reasonable way to keep current would be to have my own strip and hangar on property.

Every aircraft I look at seems to have vices that could easily get me killed as a low time pilot. I have four children and am married so it is a concern for my family.

The one machine I like the look of is the pulsar sp100 (I am six foot three) I see there is a website now for them but no mention of kits just completed aircraft. Other than that jabiru seems to come out on top from purchase price,running costs, dirt field capable, reasonable cruise.(6cylinder). I saw on here a pulsar kit sell but I am too late. Anyone else out there looking to sell one?

Regards Michael (nig)

Your family might find some comfort in a ballistic parachute on a plane

As far as likes, wants and budget, a person might like to create a list and order it most to least important. Speed might be more important for the cross country traveller but rough field operation is at odds with this so you need a bigger donk and a much bigger wallet... rather than spoiling it for you, your own research will show this to be so. I find that bit fun, the trade offs can be "interesting".

So you might need three planes instead - one fast, one low and slow and one for upside-down fun. It was ever thus. 085_blah_blah.gif.5dd1f55e9e017c1ed039995789e61c55.gif

Something to keep you motivated: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/airspeed/id208990540#