Just landed

Kai Lyche

Yup,

On the other side of the globe- Norway to be exact.

Chairing the Technical Committee in the Norwegian Airsports Federation, I am keenly interested in the work some of your members has done on Jabiru engine mods- specifically the flywheel attachment to the crankshaft of older engines.

Kai

They might just be a little busy at the moment Kai, to make a request at this stage. There are a few people here who might be able to give you some good comment, but that won't be an official document you could use publicly, unless miracles happen soon. You could start by going on Jabiru's website for what they offer as mods. You may have already done this. Don't bother with the Dowels in my opinion. Nev

Get in touch with Jabiru Australia they should be able to help.Alan.

Yes- I agreee: they should. Unfortunately, Jabiru in Bundy, their overseas distributorship, their service reps and what have you, have gone either deaf or mute or both. At least on me; I´m probably a pariah as far as they are concerned :-(

Come to think of it, they actually have come out with some statements; their service bulletins suggest that we take an engine which has yet to turn the 200 hour mark, ship it to a workshop they approve and rebuild it with a new crankshaft and flywheel. This is so expensive that we are better off carefully cleaning the thing and using it as a fresh water boat anchor!

They might just be a little busy at the moment Kai, to make a request at this stage. There are a few people here who might be able to give you some good comment, but that won't be an official document you could use publicly, unless miracles happen soon. You could start by going on Jabiru's website for what they offer as mods. You may have already done this. Don't bother with the Dowels in my opinion. Nev

Then our opinions correspond! We have already on another forum been through the mod developed in NZ, with the steel flywheel boss and crush plate. If nothing else turns up in a very short while, I´ll probably go down that road.