Newbie From UK(Rotherham)

G-TOO

Hello Everyone

My name's Mike i'm a PPL IMC since 1981 don't fly so much now meds but manage to get up now and again with friends, came across your website and thought i'd join(to be with like minded people)look forward to chatting and catching up on all the latest in aviation.

Cheers

Mike

Hello EveryoneMy name's Mike i'm a PPL IMC since 1981 don't fly so much now meds but manage to get up now and again with friends, came across your website and thought i'd join(to be with like minded people)look forward to chatting and catching up on all the latest in aviation.

Cheers

Mike

Odd that,. . .and quite a coincidence Mike,. . . .I was in Rotherham quite recently, but I didn't stop,. . . .well,. . .that's not STRICTLY true,. . . I was coming back from Scotalnd, and I called in for fuel,. . I was a bit tired and I asked the lady behind the counter, if she knew of a local motel,. . .she said that there WAS one not far down the road, but she said "Lock yer door mate, . . .the owner's a ravin Poofta . . . name of E.J Recklam or summat,. . ." SO I had a couple of NoDoze pills and went straight home.

Anyway mate,. . . welcome to the madhouse, there are some really nice people on here,. . ( so I was told, but all I get is cruel, visceral abuse )

Cheers,

Phil.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Odd that,. . .and quite a coincidence Mike,. . . .I was in Rotherham quite recently, but I didn't stop,. . . .well,. . .that's not STRICTLY true,. . . I was coming back from Scotalnd, and I called in for fuel,. . I was a bit tired and I asked the lady behind the counter, if she knew of a local motel,. . .she said that there WAS one not far down the road, but she said "Lock yer door mate, . . .the owner's a ravin Poofta . . . name of E.J Recklam or summat,. . ." SO I had a couple of NoDoze pills and went straight home.Anyway mate,. . . welcome to the madhouse, there are some really nice people on here,. . ( so I was told, but all I get is cruel, visceral abuse )

Cheers,

Thanks Phil for the warm welcome i'll make sure I steer clear from that hotel lol!

Jeeeze,. . .you paid for an Insturment rating in the UK. . .! ! ! ouch,. . . .I bet that 'urt,. . . oh, no,. you mentioned IMC,. . .ok, that's a nota so bada. . .wot is it now 15 hours ?. . . I could never understand why, if you had an IMC rating,. . .that you had to do a separate NIGHT rating too,. . .I wonder if it was just to see that you hadn't cheated on the ishihara plate test at the aviomed exam, and that you could see the pretty red lights on the runway approach just before you hit the hedge. . . . .Personally, I'm scared about flying IMC with only one donkey, same with night,. . . . .

I can't do a half reasonable forced landing at noon, so a night one would be quite interesting; what was it the old RAF bloke used to say ? . . .oh yes,. . .Engine fail at night,. . . 1) Point the flight appliance at the ground and turn on your landing light. . . . 2) if you don't like what you see,. . . . . turn it off. . .

Oh well. . . .

• Haha 2

Jeeeze,. . .you paid for an Insturment rating in the UK. . .! ! ! ouch,. . . .I bet that 'urt,. . . oh, no,. you mentioned IMC,. . .ok, that's a nota so bada. . .wot is it now 15 hours ?. . . I could never understand why, if you had an IMC rating,. . .that you had to do a separate NIGHT rating too,. . .I wonder if it was just to see that you hadn't cheated on the ishihara plate test at the aviomed exam, and that you could see the pretty red lights on the runway approach just before you ht the hedge. . . . .Peronally, I'm scared about flying IMC with only one donkey, same with night,. . . . .I can't do a half reasonable forced landing at noon, so a night one would be quite interesting; what was it the old RAF bloke used to say ? . . .oh yes,. . .Engine fail at night,. . . 1) Point the flight appliance at the ground and turn on your landing light. . . . 2) if you don't like what you see,. . . . . turn it off. . .

Oh well. . . .

Yes 15hrs if I remember and it was only valid in the UK,basically it was to get you out of trouble which it did often :)...well you know englands weather.

As for the night rating they told us always head towards the dark patch,never understood why i'd have gone for the lights on a road.

Separate ratings....more money for the school I s'pose..

Odd that,. . .and quite a coincidence Mike,. . . .I was in Rotherham quite recently, but I didn't stop,. . . .well,. . .that's not STRICTLY true,. . . I was coming back from Scotalnd, and I called in for fuel,. . I was a bit tired and I asked the lady behind the counter, if she knew of a local motel,. . .she said that there WAS one not far down the road, but she said "Lock yer door mate, . . .the owner's a ravin Poofta . . . name of E.J Recklam or summat,. . ." SO I had a couple of NoDoze pills and went straight home.Anyway mate,. . . welcome to the madhouse, there are some really nice people on here,. . ( so I was told, but all I get is cruel, visceral abuse )

Cheers,

Oi! EJ Reklam is all man and has never lifted his, or anyone else's shirt!splat.gif.4fe5615d47cdda8649f5910181ed23f2.gif

Flippin 'eck,. . . .a Swede with a sense of humour. . . .you get all sorts on here doncha. . . .

Anyway cobber, I like the "Handle" Polardroid,. . . .bet there's a story behind that,. . . but I'd keep tham all in suspense before revealing all mate. . .

Right bunch of noseys here . . . . er,. . .do they play Rugby in Sweden I wonder ?

Phil

• Like 1

Flippin 'eck,. . . .a Swede with a sense of humour. . . .you get all sorts on here doncha. . . .Anyway cobber, I like the "Handle" Polardroid,. . . .bet there's a story behind that,. . . but I'd keep tham all in suspense before revealing all mate. . .

Right bunch of noseys here . . . . er,. . .do they play Rugby in Sweden I wonder ?

Phil

They do actually and, knowing Sweden, the best team will be a women's team.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The sport thing is a big problem for me, I get it in the neck Bi-Directionally as I'm a naturalised Australian Citizen . . . whilst retaining Brit nationality as well. . . .

So I just can't win mate. I did not, in fact dump my BritCit status, at the time, but had I known that this was indeed possible,. . .I bloody well would have,. . .that way, when the missus dragged me back here to the UK kickin' an screamin' when her Dad was seriously ill,. . . I'd have been chucked out by Brit immigration after three months,. . .and could annoy the crap out of all my forum friends from a more pleasant geographic locality . . . .could even have had my lights punched out physically for my textual transgressions, rather than metaphorically as is now the case. . .

Would probably have still been skint, but being skint in a nice place, isn't as bad as. . . . . . . .

• Like 2

Well, if you want to watch something interesting for you eddificashun Sir,. . .try Aussie Rules Footy. . . .

18 blokes per side, not played on a rugby pitch, but a "Footy Oval" no referees, but "Umpires" very "Crickety" in terms innit ?. . . no apparent rules, ( That I could see anyhow ) and none of that poncy body armour used by the Septics in their, er, sort of "Football" game . . . these blokes run up each other's backs to "Take the Mark" ( Grab the ball ) then spit out a few teeth and get back in there, non of this namby pamby soccer rubbish, where the game is stopped when somebody gets a split lip. . . . It's a sort of cross between rugby and armageddon. . . . .

MAN'S game mate. . . . get yerself some beer in, then try to get a VFL Grand Final game on one of yer telly channels. . ..it's an education and no mistake !

• Like 1