First Solo!

Have done around 22 hrs in 2 months, so was getting anxious about how long it's taken. I thought I was going ok, but obviously not given others are soloing and not me?

On the plus side I've done so many circuits now there wasn't much to worry about it as it's very same same. Have done probably 10 'engine out' landings so although still stressful know how to do it.

Take off and climb was much quicker, had the stick right the whole time to keep it level, other than that quite uneventful. Extra flaps as it didn't want to land.

I'll want to do some more dual in very windy conditions to build confidence there, however looking forward to building some hours!

• Like 2
  • Winner 5

Have done around 22 hrs in 2 months, so was getting anxious about how long it's taken. I thought I was going ok, but obviously not given others are soloing and not me?On the plus side I've done so many circuits now there wasn't much to worry about it as it's very same same. Have done probably 10 'engine out' landings so although still stressful know how to do it.

Take off and climb was much quicker, had the stick right the whole time to keep it level, other than that quite uneventful. Extra flaps as it didn't want to land.

I'll want to do some more dual in very windy conditions to build confidence there, however looking forward to building some hours!

Probly needed more right rudder if you were holding right stick? Congrats on the solo, you can now call yourself a pilot!

With even fuel and my fat ass in the left, she wanted to keep tipping over. Had to even it out the whole time.

Secondary effect of rudder is roll, in that situation (i.e. more weight in left = tip left), which is better to use, aileron or rudder?

With wing tanks and side by side seating it is easy to have extra weight on one side which does require extra aileron to 'hold' up.

With my hornet I am constantly thinking ahead and plan my fuel usage around passengers. If flying solo or with my little kiddies I need to use more out of my side to keep balance but if I have a heavier pax I need to keep both tanks fairly even to avoid excess side stick pressure.

As for more aileron or rudder, you need to use both to ensure nice balanced flight preferably with level wings.