Savannah disc brake adjustment

jaybee258

I am having trouble understanding how the standars hydraulic disc brakes self adjust. The small pad is floating and slides along two tube guides on a pair of bolts. The other pad appears to be bolted directly to the caliper with a second pair of bolts and has no adjustment. One one wheel, this fixed pad is catching slightly on the disc and gets hot. On the other wheel, there is 1mm of gap and runs freely, but this does mean that when the brake is applied, the whole calliper body twists slightly.

I feel that the caliper should be sliding on the second pair of bolts, but there is no adjustment there. They could be just seized up or I am just missing the point.

Thanks in advance John

• Like 1

I am having trouble understanding how the standars hydraulic disc brakes self adjust. The small pad is floating and slides along two tube guides on a pair of bolts. The other pad appears to be bolted directly to the caliper with a second pair of bolts and has no adjustment. One one wheel, this fixed pad is catching slightly on the disc and gets hot. On the other wheel, there is 1mm of gap and runs freely, but this does mean that when the brake is applied, the whole calliper body twists slightly.I feel that the caliper should be sliding on the second pair of bolts, but there is no adjustment there. They could be just seized up or I am just missing the point.

Thanks in advance John

Sorry Guys. My friend has already asked this question on a different thread