Full circle

Skymuppet

Hi all

Just registered to view posts and read advice. Lower than ideal hours GA PPL (just did the P61 conversion) since 1988. Joined HGFA in 1992 and AUF in 1996. Had XC, Passenger and Tailwheel. Long hiatus from powered aviation for 20 years and now back in the mood, given I’m getting too old, fat and slow to run off the hill in my hangy.

Shock, horror - AUF has died and RAAus has appeared. Along with RPLs and RAMPCs. Only my 3-axis and RT licence came across. So now I’m frantically trying to get my old endorsements recognised and find a rag ‘n tube instructor that can help me remember a few things and sign off a BFR.

Next after that is to find a cheap, safe but ugly rag ‘n tube airframe and some hangar space from which I can commit aviation - albeit slowly. And within cooee of Canberra. Tumut, Holbrook and Goulburn are on the cards.

Will be interesting to see what I write here in a year.

Until then...

• Like 1

Hi to you also skymuppet and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif...I joined the AUF at the very beginning of ops manual 1... I am still a current member of RA-Aus and fly my WB Drifter,regularly, off my own property, in fact, I was flying this afternoon...Over the years, I`ve flown numerous Ultralights, some I wouldn`t be brave enough to fly these days...The black line is one of my strips.

947840373_10(Large).jpg.34438167db83bbeebb7fc8f50e7953e7.jpg

Frank.