A Brief Intro

tvaner

Hi one & all,

I'm not flying as yet but have had a life long passion for aircraft & flying. Am hoping to start in the New Year provided I can gain some form of agreement from the other half.

I have joined to gain a better understanding of all aspects associated with flying via the forum etc.

Other interests are family, photography (mainly aircraft) & camping.

Cheers & Safe Landings, Keith.

Starting.

Keith, don't worry about Decca, You will get used to him. The wife would be happier for you to read aviation magazines rather than those other ones you've been unsuccessfully hiding. Try to read all the older RAAus magazines you can find to get an idea of what we're about. How to join is in the front, or you can just get a magazine subscription, if that is what you want. Welcome to the forum. Nev...

My better half listened to my ideas about me learning to fly for years before she finally got sick of it and eventually told me to stop talking about it and just do it. Best decision I've made in years and both she and our sons are looking forward to flying with me once I've completed my passenger endorsement. I've logged 11 hours to date and aim to finish my restricted licence in before Easter.

Enjoy the journey. ;) Mathew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rxbrumby

I also would advise getting the RAAus mag and showing your better half and the Kids all the beautiful places you would be able to take them to. Also it would be a good idea to visit some nearby flying schools/clubs with the family and see if you can find a family friendly one. take then to any nearby airshows/displayes. Thats what I did and found an exellent school that has a cafe that is very family oriantated(it even has a flight sim cockpit for the kids/spouse to play in)They even had a father christmas pick up flight for the kids. If you get everyone in your family involved they probably be more supportive. It worked for me, Ive even been allowed to purchase my own a/c(I actually think my wife and daugther like to bring that up in conversation more than I do). But definantly do some investergating it to this, then jump in and do a tif. Be prepared to do some comprimising with the wife especially if you already have a couple of hobbies/habits that are a bit money hungry.

scott