A New Beginning.

Guest Tedsnewflight

Guest Tedsnewflight

Hi everyone. My name is Ted, I learnt to fly in Albany WA with Trevor Baxter of Amity Aviation, whom had the first Piper Tomahawk VH-KTP in Australia in 1978/79. I gained my PPL in 1980 with the then Piper West. Due to some rather extenuating circumstances I didn’t fly again except a few TIF’s around 94/95.

However I did fly a Tomahawk at Bankstown Airport with a Graeme Millanta of Logan Air in 1995 which was a real thrill. My situation has changed of recent and I’m pleased to say I’ve been cleared to regain my CASA, RPL and RAA permit. This will be history in the making for me as my student licence was issued in 1978. I dedicate my new flying to my Grandfather Ben Cox a Tiger Moth Pilot and served with the RAAF in Port Morseby in WW11 as the Post Master.

Hi everyone. My name is Ted, I learnt to fly in Albany WA with Trevor Baxter of Amity Aviation, whom had the first Piper Tomahawk VH-KTP in Australia in 1978/79. I gained my PPL in 1980 with the then Piper West. Due to some rather extenuating circumstances I didn’t fly again except a few TIF’s around 94/95.However I did fly a Tomahawk at Bankstown Airport with a Graeme Millanta of Logan Air in 1995 which was a real thrill. My situation has changed of recent and I’m pleased to say I’ve been cleared to regain my CASA, RPL and RAA permit. This will be history in the making for me as my student licence was issued in 1978. I dedicate my new flying to my Grandfather Ben Cox a Tiger Moth Pilot and served with the RAAF in Port Morseby in WW11 as the Post Master.

Hi Ted I also learnt to fly with Trevor at Wagin WA and also a few flights in Albany I believe KTP is still Flying

Guest Tedsnewflight
Hi Ted I also learnt to fly with Trevor at Wagin WA and also a few flights in Albany I believe KTP is still Flying

Thanks for the reply. KTP is owned when I had a look by a Pipe Bore Company in Queensland. You may have flown in WJM which is no longer flying. You may recall George Howie whom was with Narrogin Flying School a while and later with Piper West. He was my main instructor when I came to Perth with Piper West. He’s not in very good health at the moment and I plan to visit him and give him a bit of a lift as he doesn’t live far away.