TruTrak A/P

Guest Guest

Anyone in here operating a TruTrak Digiflight11 A/P?

Yes, a Digiflight 2VS in a VANS RV9A - since 2008. Have had to replace the pitch servo tho.

Guest Guest
Yes, a Digiflight 2VS in a VANS RV9A - since 2008. Have had to replace the pitch servo tho.

Ok.Mine is coupled to an older Garmin Apollo GX65 but it won't track a plan and even hdg is very very slow to respond.pitch/alt seems fine although it hunts very slightly but does hold alt well.

I've followed the manuals of both units (TruTrak & Apollo) even calibrating the TruTrak gyro/hdg inflight to no avail.

Would you know the settings you have in yr TruTrak? Baud rate etc? I bought my RV recently and the previous owner who had not flown it in years said it used to work in hdg and Nav. Might have to try and find a Cone head tech guru!

Ok.Mine is coupled to an older Garmin Apollo GX65 but it won't track a plan and even hdg is very very slow to respond.pitch/alt seems fine although it hunts very slightly but does hold alt well.I've followed the manuals of both units (TruTrak & Apollo) even calibrating the TruTrak gyro/hdg inflight to no avail.

Would you know the settings you have in yr TruTrak? Baud rate etc? I bought my RV recently and the previous owner who had not flown it in years said it used to work in hdg and Nav. Might have to try and find a Cone head tech guru!

Try changing the Baud - you should see a flashing asterisk on the Tru-trak when it is receiving from the GPS. If you have analog gauges as well as an EFIS, then you may need to adjust the 'static lag' in the TT to 1 or 2. Can't think of anything else atm. If you have an 'Installation Manual' for the TT, it might pay to, literally, return to start and check from there.

cheers,

Guest Guest

Thanks for that. I've tried all the Baud settings, no difference. I have the traditional steam gauges ( which I prefer) but will look at the static lag. I got a pile of books off the previous owner so shall look to see if there is an installation manual there. I've not seen a flashing asterisk at all but I am aware what it signifies though. The two units aren't talking to each other I'd say, maybe a hardware issue. A Cone head tech is looking more likely! Thanks again.