Jump to content


Guest jah

Recommended Posts

I have recently seen and love the look and concept of trikes it looks like it’s lots of fun to be had, I have done motor mechanics , electronics, building maintenance (current line of work) and dabble in computers I am married with two children, on a recent trip to Forster I noticed hang glider looking object with what appeared to be a seat and petrol powered engine after a little web searching I have discovered trikes or MicroLights which I am would like to learn to fly and of course buy one or two so if any way can give me a heads up on how to obtain a license and any other important or helpful for info that would be excellent many thanks Justin.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Crezzi

Basically you need a pilot certificate from either the HGFA (who also administer hang-gliding & paragliding) or RAAus (who also administer 3-axis "ultralights" and powered parachutes). The training is pretty similar with either organisation and requires a minimum of 20 hours flight training to get a restricted pilot certificate.


Theres much more detailed info on their websites www.hgfa.asn.au and www.auf.asn.au including lists of schools - note they don't all offer trike training so look for ones which offer "WM' (weightshift microlight) then contact them to book a Trial Introductory Flight (TIF). I'm sure they would be happy to answer all your specific questions or just post them to this forum.







Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...