Hastings Dist Club 50th

PaulN

Guest Fred Bear

Count me in for this one. Was going to go up around that time anyway. If anyone flying wants a pax to pay for fuel, let me know or I will Virgin Blue it.;)

Guest Fred Bear

They do and they use the Embraer Airs. It is a new service for Virgin Blue. Port and Albury. Hopefully it will shake up things for Qantas.

The VB service into Port commences Feb 4 and should make for an interesting addition to the local air traffic. I've been told that air traffic in Port has been on the increase for a while now and looks like continuing to increase. The local council is about to add a new and longer runway to cater for bigger things. Let's hope the GA and RPT operators don't start pushing to remove or restrict RA-Aus traffic there. It's been done before.

Somehow I doubt the HDFC won't be found sitting on their hands but will be proactive in keeping all forms of aviation alive and well at Port for many years to come. In fact they have just committed to a second trainer (Eurofox) for RA-Aus pilots, that will make 1 VH and 2 RA-Aus aircraft in their club fleet.

Paul