Drifters in the Maryborough/Hervey Bay region

Guest sceadu52jr

Guest sceadu52jr

Hi Guys,

I am moving to Hervey Bay soon and would like to continue flying Drifters (taken a liking to them).

Does anyone live in the area that owns a Drifter (would like to meet you) and is there any Drifters available for hire in the region?

If not, then I might just have to buy one! The area needs one...to take up forward defence from those Jab's coming out of Bundy.!!

Seriously though, if none were available in the area, what would be the pluses & minuses to buying a drifter and placing it with a training school.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Wayne,

There was an instructor at Rainbow Beach who had a Drifter. I believe that he has dissappeared (with my cash for a 1/2 share in a drifter) but the other instuctor still lives there as far as I know.

I've been out of the loop too long but I can look up the requirements for a training aircraft if you like. Rainbow is a great place to fly, just have too watch out for the para-gliders and hang gliders around the blow.

Cheers

Engineer

You could try Mark Hetherington on 0401 183914. He runs the trike school operating out of Hervey Bay but I heard he also had a drifter now.

Cheers

John

Guest sceadu52jr

Thanks for the info Engineer & John, I think Rainbow beach is a bit further than I want to regularly drive to go flying (similar distance and time to Gympie). I am curious though, where did they fly from? Was it the airstrip on the road to Inskip Point? Yes I am aware of the Hang Gliders & Para Gliders flying from the Blow at Rainbow....used to be one of them!!!

John, thank you for Marks number, I will give him a call tomorrow. I have seen his trike in the air everytime I have visited the bay in the last 12 months, certainly kept busy.

Wayne

Guest sceadu52jr

I called Mark's number today and was diverted through to a fellow by the name of Sid. Sid told me they did have a Drifter but it was sold around 6 months ago.

Wayne