Compass Airlines.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Sadly I don't have many photos from the Compass Airlines operation. :(

This is one taken on the first course we had, of all the initial Compass engine and airframe LAMEs with our Lufthansa Instructor, standing in front of our only spare engine. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Well I don't like talking about it too much, even now. :(

It is the best place I have ever worked, and should still be going strong today like Virgin Blue is, however it was destroyed mainly by the then leader of the Government and his mate who was running Ansett. :evil:

It was the first real LCC in Australia (unless you count East West which was run by our founder), we operated at our peak 4 Airbus A300-600Rs and an Airbus A310. :D

We introduced many things apart from low fares, like direct flights over to Perth, back of the clock flights up to Cairns, on board videos etc etc.

Sadly we were run out of business just before Christmas in 1991 after only just over 12 months operation. :cry:

There was then what people call Compass 2 (really Southern Cross), where we operated MD80s, it sadly didn't even last 12 months, however that was not from outside influences like Compass. :(