Sydney YHOX to Cessnock YCNK

Guest Ultralights

Guest Ultralights

went for a weekend trip to visit my partner and get some shots of our new property

Lining up at Hoxton pk, runway 16 ^^^

Departing on downwind for the Lane of Entry, underneath CTA of Sydney Kingsford smith. ^^^

Parramatta CBD, , entry point of the LOE northbound, its pretty much follow the strobes to Patonga., the snaking frewway is the F4. ^^^

The norther exit of the LOE, tracking towards Patonga, looking west towards the F3 frewway and the Brookyn bridge (near the horizon) ^^^

Tracking direct to Cessnock and climbing to cruise alt. ^^^

On track, the Mooney Mooney bridge on the F3 freeway, the bridge was a waypoint. ^^^

the view looking north east, the Gosford Interchange on the F3 ^^^

Approaching Cessnock, at top of descent. cassnock is about 10 miles on the nose, lovely view of the Lower Hunter opening up before you! ^^^

preparing to enter Cessnock pattern, and join on crosswind for runway 35. ^^^

arrived Cessnock, waiting for my partner to join me in the lovely cafe at the airfield. ^^^

picked up my partner, and track via GPS to our property ^^^

departed Cessnock, on track for wayoint at warnervale AD approaching top of climb ^^^

Cruise..... ^^^

weather deterioratd rapidly, looks like i might need to request the rest of the flight as special VFR ^^^

yep, special VFR. still smooth air though.... storm on the horizon looks like it might beat me to Hoxton park, now considering warnervale as an alternate, will request weather at Bankstown as i approach the LOE and make a decision on diversion then.

weather at Bankstown was still clear, no wind or rain, vis 5000 mtrs, proceeded to Hoxton park. pic is turning Base for 34 at Hoxton finally got some light rain on downwind for 34 at YHOX

Finally home, and gave the jabiru a short wash on base and finals. the storm eventually hit about 30 mins later..