my new twins are born!

Guest Ultralights

Guest Ultralights

well, just conceived actually, i had to tell somone! i recieved a letter today from France, i now have 2 contracts to build 2 Cri Cri aircraft! the contracts provide serial numbers for the airframe when its complete, and gives notification that the aircraft will be recognised by the "Direction Generale de l'Aviation Civile" and hence, by CASA when its complete! the next stage is now to awaut the plans and manuals to arrive from Mr Colomban in France.

the snowball of aircraft construction has begun!

Guest Ultralights

yep, the plan is to build 2, one for myself, and one to sell, which will pay for the next project, a MCR01, 2 seat aircraft cruising at 170 Kts. hopefully i will be able to get approx 10 hrs a week working on the aircraft, so 2 yrs is the planned time.

Guest Ultralights

I dont know much about Bobby gibbs, i have heard of him, but never met, the only other cri cri owner i have met is a Mr willis, a QF captain, who recently completed his, it was on display at Avalon this year! and recently completed his 25 flight test hrs at goulburn, he is a regular at Hoxton park SAAA BBQ's great guy and a nice aircraft..

up here at williamtown, a fellow work mate recieved his 90% complete aircraft from france this weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Glenn

Here you go Ultralights, found this while surfing airliners.net I like the rego. I would of thought an aircraft that small would be classified as an ultralight but it has the VH designation.

Guest Ultralights

strangly it cannot be registered with the RAA in Oz, as the law prevents twin engined aircraft being registered as an Ultralight!

the rego i wanted was VH-DOT, but sadly its taken. so is CRI amd SML

but on the positive side, is all time in it can be legally logged as twin in command time!

its not uncommon for people to buy these type, just to log the twin time to get hrs up for an airline position!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vh-tqp

it took me a long time to post this, i'm just building a gallery now. i thought it was a deckchair with wings!

the rego i wanted was VH-DOT, but sadly its taken. so is CRI amd SML

the only other cri cri owner i have met is a Mr willis, a QF captain, who recently completed his, it was on display at Avalon this year!

and here it is!

http://airline.fotopic.net/p17872676.html

Guest Glenn

Nice models. Love the Australian model hanging from the ceiling. How are you finding fotopic to use? Took me a while to figure it out.

Guest vh-tqp

i got the idea of using fotopic from your model gallery. yes it took me a while to work it out, but i'm finding it quite good, but it takes a while to take the photos and upload, manage, edit and put a description in there. when it's edited i'll put the link in enthusiasts sites.

the australian 727 is a beauty (scalecraft), i've seen a TAA camel hump livery version, i have to persuade the owner to part with it. what do you think of the QF L1011 and DC10. bet they're glad they didn't buy them!

i've suddenly aquired a huge TAA poster collection, and others, so they go on next. got hold of an ANA publicity dept framed DC4 / 6? photo today, i'm very happy with that

Guest Glenn
when it's edited i'll put the link in enthusiasts sites.

No worries.

what do you think of the QF L1011 and DC10.

I like the DC10. Second DC10 I've seen in Qantas colours and your model is the oldest. L1011 is a fave plane of mine, but I prefer that in TWA livery.

bet they're glad they didn't buy them!

How come?

How long is the Australian 727?

Guest Dunny

An interesting thread.

A couple of questions -

1. Any good web sites around for the Cri Cri ? I would be interested to see any airframe construction or build photos.

2. How much to get a Cri Cri in the air ?

:D

Guest Ultralights

here is a 80% complete kit, now residing in williamtown! hopefully should be flying at years end.

in the pic, are Fusealage, in upper part of pic, 2 wing spars, completed stabiliator, and numerous components.

i have a few more pics here

http://home.exetel.com.au/pamuva/FLYING!!!/Cri%20Cri/

and here is a good cri cri site, i have regular contact with the site owner.

http://www.cricri-mc15.clan.st/

Guest Ultralights

when it comes to engines, i have been very fortunate with my new place of employment, BAE has a UAV development section here, developing the Kingfisher UAV, powered by a 20Hp 2 Cyl horizontally opposed engine, hopefully, i will be able to source 2 engines from the guys there, even if they need a rebuild.

Guest colt_pa22

Wow, serial number 1 parked next to the engine of G-BDXJ 747-200, some size difference. I saw one of these at Avalon this year, VH-CRI. Very jealous, goes well on flight sim.

colt