Temora NSW flying days

Guest colt_pa22

Guest colt_pa22

Hi all,

Has anybody here attended one of the Temora flying days, and if so what are they like? How many people fly in for these weekends?

Colt

Guest Glenn

Hi Colt

I have been a few times but have never flown in. Being only around 150 k's away from where I am it's reasonably close. Haven't been for a few months though. A group of us from the local Aero Club are planning to fly there on Sunday 28th August.

There a quite a few light aircraft from aero clubs as well as 1 or 2 DC3's from Bankstown full of pax. I have also seen a couple private jets. It can get pretty busy with a large crowd. I suggest bringing some seating with you.

It is well worth the trip if you love warbirds. What makes this museum better is the fact that they actually fly these aircraft. In the maintenance hangar you can walk upstairs and look down at some aircraft being repaired. The last time I went they had a Sabre being restored. In the main hangar you can walk around the displays if they are not already outside on the apron awaiting their flight.

Guest colt_pa22

Hi Glenn,

We were also planning on flying in for the August flying day in conjunction with the first Piper Tomahawk owners get together. However, we are finding it very hard to find accommodation so it looks like we will be camping in the aerodrome caravan park. On the way home we will stop in at the Kalimna Park Annual Fly-In west of Wagga

http://users.bigpond.com/kalimna.park/index.html

Hope to see you there.

colt

Guest Glenn

Many of the accommodation in Temora and surrounding towns are fully booked in advance.

I'll keep in contact as the day draws closer and we could meet up.

Temora

It's a great weekend, we've been about a dozen times now. You have to book 6 months in advance tp get in Temora, we have stayed in Cootamundra, and Wagga, it's only half an hour's flying.

Works still going fairly strongly at the moment, if it quietens down we might get there for the August show. We still havn't seen the Skymaster fly yet.