Philip Island

TAA Student Pilot

Guest colt_pa22

I'm actually going down there with the girl friend this Thursday for the weekend, not flying though. I've been there a few times by air.

The racetrack is located about 10 km to the West from the airfield. See white pushpins.

colt

Home of VH-LLO, one after FUO on the Tomahawk production line.

Guest colt_pa22

It appears to be. Does anyone know what is happening to the flying operation / school?

I drove past Tooradin of the way back from P/I and was quite surprised at the number of aircraft there.

colt

• 4 months later...

Philip Island has reopened

Hi have been in contact with the guys and girls at Philip Island. They have re opened the AD, the contact details are correct in the current ERSA apart from the new landing charges. $20.00 per engine...

Guest StRaNgEdAyS

That's good news!

I wonder what caused the change of heart. It's not like local council cronies to pass up the quick buck from developers over the steady potential income an airstrip generates unless it only a temporary measure to make a few extra bucks while they make the developers sweat.

Who knows, maybe they have actually decided that there is greater economic sense in having a viable airfield in the community after all.