Bob Bolin- Aircraft memorbilia collector extreme !

Guest Bobby

I worked with a group years ago in Little Rock. Among them was Bob Bolin, a collector of any kind of WW2 memorabilia. Some of the fun-loving boys told Bob that I had a B29 and a B50 at my house. Once Bpb learned of this he started inquiring about what model, what shape, etc. my WW2 bombers were in. I went along with the joke and fed him lots of fictitious information about my plane collection. I knew that the day would come someday when he would want to come and see them so i had an escape planned in advance. I lived about an hour and a half north of Little Rock so when he kept pressing to come and see my bombers I gave him the address of a local rich guy that had a gated property. Bob came up here but was unable to gain entrance to the property. When he called I saw whose name was calling and wouldn't answer his phone call. This went on all that summer and he never got to see my fictitious airplane graveyard. Of course everyone was kin on the ruse and so they kept things for the whole summer. I finally told Bob that i had sold the B29 and the B50 to a buyer and this deflated his curiosity so badly that he never talked to me again. Some people are so gullible that I couldn't resist the fun. I had been around both planes quite a bit at Kelley AFB in Texas so I was able to carry on the ploy pretty well. Kelly was a Museum for old retired airplanes of the WW2 era. I flew in a B26 during the Korean Conflict and it is now among the Bombers that have retired there. I guess that I should also be there with my age and retirement status.