I checked out the facilities at Murwillumbah...

Guest StRaNgEdAyS

Guest StRaNgEdAyS

Sorry I didn't get any pics, there was no film in the camera.

There's a nice 3300ft grass strip that's pretty good down the middle, but the edges can get soft in the rain. They only have 100LL AVGAS at the strip, but trailering in MOGAS should be no problem and in any case I'll be able to use AVGAS as well in my engine if need be.

There are quite a few hangars there, and a nice Beech 18 that has been sitting for a while, but evidently does fly when the owner can afford to feed it. :shock:

There's a nice AVRO (A.V Roe) Biplane being restored with what appears to be all it's original equipment (it's even got the original Morse key in the cockpit!) and a microair transponder and com, in the same hangar there is several other vintage aircraft of yet to be determined make (I'll check up on them) and a nice looking Lake Amphibian with no engine. Another guy with a repairman's shingle hung out the front of his hangar had a matching pair of Piper's in various states of repair, a couple with a Cessna 150 Taildragger were doing some cleaning and grounds-keeping outside their hanger, and there were two rows on the other side I didn't get to have a look at which were closed up in any case.

What I did find out (what I went to find out any way) was that the flying school is closing down and I was recommended to see George who happens to be here at Ballina. :lol: So I guess I'll probably be coming back down here to continue my training. :roll: