This is interesting

Guest Glenn

Guest Glenn

Does anyone know the story behind the following pictures? The DC-3 pilots were talking about this the other day and I thought I heard them say that they were water skiing behind these planes. Any info would be appreciated.

Guest Swagman

A quick Google and up came this info - it's on the Internet so may or may not be accurate:

Photography by Frans Dely/Aviationdimension.comEarly morning anglers are treated to the spectacle of four T6 Harvard Aircraft from The Flying Lions Aerobatic Team waterskiing across the Klipdrift Dam near Johannesburg South Africa.Aircraft from The Flying Lions Aerobatic Team waterskiing across theKlipdrift Dam near Johannesburg South Africa.Lead by Scully Levin, with wingman Arnie Meneghelli, Stewart Lithgow and Ellis Levin, this renown airshow display team rehearse a sequence for the newly launched ?Aviation Action? television program on Supersport.

Meneghelli from Academy Brushware, owner of the aircraft had this to say, ?What we did today I believe is a world first. It illustrates that South African airshow pilots are amongst the best in the world?.

This unusual act, approved by the South African Civil Aviation Authority CAA), and supported by Castrol Aviation, was meticulously planned and took place under the watchfull eye of divers and paramedics that were on site.