Queen Lizzie's 777-200/ER in Canberra.

Todd M

I posted this on the Sydney Airport Board aswell, but here is what happened.

Arrived approx. 8.45am. Landed on Runway 35, they made a switch as when I checked the ATIS it was listed as runway 17 for Arrivals and departures, so I and my father had to make the mad dash to the other side of the airport getting stuck behind What I am sure was John Howard. Arrived near runway 35 where there was a small group of people, Monarchist's probably. Not sure if there were any spotters there.

Here are the shots from this location:

G-YMMO again

G-YMMO rear shot

And here are some shots of it over at the RAAF base:

G-YMMO at RAAF Base

G-YMMO at RAAF Base

I thought that she payed for her own travel out here, the only thing we were paying for was her internal travel on the 34th sqdn. Anyway I think G-YMMO is specially done so it can be converted for use by the Queen whenever she need's it.

Guest Swagman

Nice shots there - especially the face on shot (the 5th one..96 I think it was) - looks like you're airside!

Thanks for the comments.

YSCB is a great place to spot, with places all around close to the action (And also if you want the sun behind you when shooting the spotting locations are all in good spots) to spot from. Unfortunently we don't get many big jets in so its kinda repetitive fleet wise. That spot was just near the RAAF base gates. Never been up there, but there were plenty of spiders in the hedges approx 1 m from the fenceline!