Here's one for you Colt PA22

Guest colt_pa22

I'm honoured, thanks for the pic sixties. My brother has flown that one on a TIF years ago, that good old T tail is still on.

It looks like nice flying weather in the background at Archerfield.

colt

Guest colt_pa22

Sixties, I was wondering if you had seen this aircraft while visiting Archerfield? I think it might have been scraped

colt

I don't go anywhere near Af.

I live on the opposite side of town.

One of my workmates who frequents the place thinks it may have reached it's 12000 hour shelf life.

I went for a ride in one once in about 1987 ... don't remember anything about it.

I don't know how long they've been at Redcliffe. I hadn't visited the place in over fifteen years.

There's a flying school and I've seen two Tomahawks there.

By the way... I used to go to A.C.Kilmore for five years back in the fifties and sixties and we went over to Romsey a number of times.

I remember a strip south of Wallan a bit north of that big round grassy hill beside the road to Pretty Sally.

Is that where the "graveyard" is.

It had a Tiger Moth and sometimes an Avro Cadet crop duster parked there in about 1960 on many occasions.

Guest colt_pa22
By the way... I used to go to A.C.Kilmore for five years back in the fifties and sixties and we went over to Romsey a number of times

The town must have been quite small back then if you can recall, and you must have seen the old railway line still in place beside the main road? I'm quite interested in the history of the area, been here for 16 years.

The grass strip is still there at Wallan, where a few derelict aircraft can be found.

colt

• 3 weeks later...

I got up early yesterday and went surfing at Noosa.

Heaps of schoolkids on holidays made it a bit crowded. Decided I'd had enough and left in disgust ... roll on the new term.

To make it all better, I went to Redcliffe to talk to aeroplane owners and have a bit of a mooch around.

Went up to the eastern end of the aerodrome and a sort of deja vu feeling came over me when I looked at this sorry sight.

Took a couple of photos to check out with yours here and ah ha ... recognise the trees behind the poor old thing... No wonder my mates at work couldn't remember it at Archerfield.

Being Friday afternoon, no one was at arena for me to question.

Next time I go down there I'll see if anyone is in Arena's office.