Designing and building an ultralight aircraft

Guest WillMikoyan

Guest WillMikoyan

Is there anyone out there who is interested in designing and building an Ra-aus registered aircaft or an aircraft in general?

I'm interested in designing and building an ultralight, apparently you can just build it and register it with ra-aus with minimal fuss...

Just wondering if there was any one out there similar... i've done tonnes of designs that i'd really like to build but i'm not sure if they would actually fly, are there any reccomended texts on this subject.

Thanks

Guest Glenn

I have been thinking about it since being introduced to the Brumby. I have been thinking of this one in particular but don't want to say too much in case my idea gets stolen. I might even mention to the guys who are building the Brumby.

Will, are you designing these using a CAD program?

Guest WillMikoyan

Na, i'm not that high tech... Its all pencils,paper, tee squares, compasses etc for me, I tried to use CAD on my brother's computer last time i was in brissie but i couldn't be bothered with learning how to use it.

I quite like the look of that brumby, a few things i might change thoguh, but it look pretty cool..

I also like redrawing/modfying existing aircraft designs, I.E a beluga style 747 conversion (which boeing stole anyway :P ) stuff like that..