British Airways World Tails

Todd M

I remember being handed a website many moons ago about a website which had listed British Airways world Tails. I loved them personally, brought colour and life to the airports by portraying many different scenes worldwide. My Favorite was colum, an entanglement of colour. Unforutnently with none left, we are now stuck with the Union Jack colour scheme, so please enjoy the site.

http://www.lockonaviation.net/html/utopia.html

Guest Chainsaw

Hey Todd mate!

Nice one. One of my projects with my photo taking is plane tails. You are a genius :)

Did you notice there is a Brit Airways Wunala Dreaming??

There is also a Nalanji and one which they invented called Water Dreaming too. The one I really hated was that God awful Chelsea rose. the colours and trying to make it 3d look to it really put me off it.

Tis a shame they are gone, but they CEO at BA got sacked over them! amazing, try abit of multiculturalism and ya get sacked for it.....

Guest Cat on a PC©

Excellent. Nice to see all those tails on one site.

However, I heard BA opted to return to a single tail design because it was difficult for other pilotsd to ID the aircraft - eg. when Ground would instruct a pilot to follow the BA aircraft. If your knowledge of BA tail schemes was scant, you would have had problems.