Aircraft that came to a Caboolture party for old pilots.

sixtiesrelic

A bunch of ex airline guys get together a few times a year. Sunday it was at Caboolture and they brought their toys along.

The beauty of Caboolture is, you can roam about the fleet taking your photos from what ever angle and as close as you like.

Sure beats taking photos from off a ladder over a fence.

It's good to see people who fly/flew for a living still with a passion for Aircraft.

You see a lot of people flying just for the uniform or big dollars (not so big these days), I call them prostitutes, only doing it for money, if their not payed they aren't interested.

If your keen on flying you do it whenever you can, ultralight/GA/Gliders whatever, if you in the air your in front of everyone else.

Mate! these were mainly ones I took when I whipped the Nikon out of my pocket and snapped off some shots.

I was concentrating on getting the videos.

Had to keep an eye out as I was pretty close to the taxiway and there was a lot of noise of engines. Didn't want to get chopped up.

Get the new computer this week, so I can start downloading all the videos into it and edit them.

The Mustang went up and gave us some high speed thrills. Doesn't sound much taxiing but oh that purr when she's under power.

The four Chippies and three twins did a number of fly pasts also, as two groups. Lots of video!

Great day where a mob of mates get together, drink beer, tell a lot of lies and remember things that didn't happen.

That camaraderie in the airlines died in 1989 Student.

We worked together a month at a time, flying all day jammed into small cockpits and going out for tea together, often with other crews on overnights, about seven nights a month, so that the captains slowly imparted the knowledge older pilots had taught them on to the First officers.

We TRUSTED each other!

I don't wish to be part of today's airline scene... although some know what I'm up to soon.

Should be an announcement shortly!

I remember 89 and the trauma, was very disapointed in the Federal Government at the time. You don't see them stepping in with the military when doctors withdraw their services. I also remember the long haul blokes not standing with their domestic counterparts, it will come back to bite them.

There are still pilots working with dodgy Airlines overseas, is there still a blacklist? The state of the domestic Airline industry is a direct result from 89, paying for interviews, training and endorsments.

When I started flying it was with the intention of going AG flying, I had mates went the Airline way. One was with Ansett when the feaces hit the rotating offset blades, he went overseas for years, now working with Singapore out of Maroochy in 45's (or was last time I talked to him). I hadn't really thought of Airlines for myself, I enjoy flying too much. I have earned about a tenth of the money but enjoyed have my career immensely.

Guest Steve R
I don't wish to be part of today's airline scene... although some know what I'm up to soon.

Should be an announcement shortly!

60s, You should be working in the advertising sector with teaser ads like that! :lol: