Spotting Next Tuesday at Sydney

Hey all,

As you should all know by now I will be going to Perth on the Classic Wings DC 3 with 60's Relic on Sunday. From what I have been told I will be in Perth on Monday so I will leave Perth the earliest I can which is Tuesday Morning. I decided to take trip to Sydney to meet up with Chainsaw but unfotuantly he can't make it.

I will be arriving into Sydney onboard a Virgin Blue Flight at 6:25am on Tuesday Morning.

Are there any Sydney Members willing to take me around for the day and do a bit of spotting and photography?

I leave Sydney at 3pm that day so I will need to be back at the Terminal at 2.pm.

Drop us a Line at [email protected]

Guest Steve R

If you get stuck you'll find that the terminal you're in affords some terrific views out over the airport Dan if you've not been down there before - Head down to the airside end of the terminal away from the Security / Commercial end and you'll find good seating, panoramic windows and views over to the Tower and toward the Int'l terminal.

If no one can, I would but cannot due to no vehicle and money, and you want abit of fresh air, you can go over to the International Terminal and go up to the Observation Deck. There are two ways (well three if you incude walking, four if you want to include taxi.) which are Airport Link Train or T-Bus.

Train:

Return Adult: $10.20

Trains leave every 5-15minutes depending on time of day, tickets can be purchased from vendign Machines on the concourse of each platform, but be aware they will only give $19.90 max in change.

Bus:

The T-Bus I have only seen and never caught, but here is a rundown on the services.

T -BusT - Bus is a shuttle bus service between T1 International and T2 Domestic Terminals which costs $4.50 (one way, per person). It is only a short walk between T2 and T3 Terminals. The journey takes up to 10 mins and operates frequently in the morning peak period, then half hourly until 8pm. The bus stops are on arrivals Levels, at T1 Bus Bay 21 near McDonalds, and at T2 Bus Bay 3 near baggage carousel 6.

From http://www.sydneyairport.com.au

Also, there may be a bus service running between the Terminals, 470 from Bondi Beach I think it is. Am unsure, but check that out to see if it carries on from Domestic to International. That would be the cheapest option, but remember Sydney's transport is not intergrated. So you cannot use one ticket on different forms of Transport like Melbourne and Brisbane.

Observation deck entry is through the Esky Bar at the Airport Link end of the terminal, on the Departures level.

But I am sure Chainsaw will be able to show you around ;)

If no one can, I would but cannot due to no vehicle and money, and you want abit of fresh air, you can go over to the International Terminal and go up to the Observation Deck. There are two ways (well three if you incude walking, four if you want to include taxi.) which are Airport Link Train or T-Bus. Train:

Return Adult: $10.20

Trains leave every 5-15minutes dependoign on time of day, tickets can be purchased from vendign Machines on the concourse of each platform, but be aware they will only give $19.90 max in change.

Bus:

The T-Bus I have only seen and never caught, but here is a rundown on the services.

T -BusT - Bus is a shuttle bus service between T1 International and T2 Domestic Terminals which costs $4.50 (one way, per person). It is only a short walk between T2 and T3 Terminals. The journey takes up to 10 mins and operates frequently in the morning peak period, then half hourly until 8pm. The bus stops are on arrivals Levels, at T1 Bus Bay 21 near McDonalds, and at T2 Bus Bay 3 near baggage carousel 6.

From http://www.sydneyairport.com.au

Also, there may be a bus service running between the Terminals, 470 from Bondi Beach I think it is. Am unsure, but check that out to see if it carries on from Domestic to International. That would be the cheapest option, but remember Sydney's transport is not intergrated. So you cannot use one ticket on different forms of Transport like Melbourne and Brisbane.

But I am sure Chainsaw will be able to show you around ;)

Yeah but unfortuantly Chainsaw is unable to make it so I will be having a lonly day at Sydney International Airport.

Change of plans folks. I am in Sydney for 2 days, next Tuesday and Wednesday. Chainsaw will show me the ins and outs of Sydney International Airport on Wednesday but Tuesday is still free. I am going to E-Mail a freind of mine ans see if she is interested for a day out on Tuesday.

I hope I can meet a few of you.

Guest Chainsaw

YSSY will rock on Wednesday!!!

Can you just imagine uncle Chop Chop and Chainy in one place :shock: :shock:

If anybody wants to join us, you are welcome. :D

Can you just imagine uncle Chop Chop and Chainy in one place

I will be ready to post the news headlines "Two mad men arrested at Sydney Airport"

:roll:

Guest Chainsaw

Gee thanks Glenn. :P

Maybe we might even do a YSSY spotting day trip report. Pics of all the good spots (but not the secret ones).

We should also be able to use the fisheye lens to take a great pic of a cell with bars. :roll: Now let me see, cell with bars....hmmmm does that mean in a photo it would become a HOLDING PATTERN? :lol: :lol:

Chainy, Chop's going to be stuffed, he'll go to sleep up on ya ladder and fall off and break his new camera.

He's going to be spendin' sleepless nights from now till Sunday when he'll be getting biffed about from Mt Gambier to Adelaide to Ceduna to Forrest... snappin' pictures all the way.

Next day he'll be marvelling at the miriad of colours of the salt pans across the western Nullabour and snappin' the spotters snappin' him as we "do Perth over" before landing, Then he'll wait till midnight to come and see you.

The Sydney chicks'll be safe.

Ahhh I wish I could get together with you guys, but chainy will have me for a whole day in October. Well near enough, for a mega-minor spotting expidition, An expidition that such greats as Burke and Wills, and Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth would never have seen coming. Can't wait either ;)

Guest Chainsaw

At this stage, they are predicting showers next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Would you believe it? That messes up the photography bit. Never mind, the weather report may yet change (I hope).