Emergency Bankstown Airport

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

A light aircraft is about to make and emergency landing at Sydney YSBK. Apparently missing its nose wheel. Airport is about to shut. Monitoring via my live scanner feed.

Guest Fred Bear

Yeah not too bad mate. I enjoy streaming it.

UPDATE: Very good landing (minus a nosewheel). Slid on her nose most of the RWY but came to a nice stop no fire or anything else present. Well done to the pilot. There was another PAX onboard too. Footage just on 7 news. I called them about this one and they sent the chopper out. Good thing too otherwise I would not have seen any of it.

Guest Fred Bear
damn, sadly i dont have any real television where i am.. hope its in the papers tomorrow, will be interesting to see the reporters take on events.

Likely it will be as I sent a mate of mine out who is a freelance photographer. He got all the shots so keep an eye out.

Will be interesting to see the reporters take on events.

No reflection on your mate Darren, but the media take might read something like "Two passengers and pilot survive twin engine ultralight crash". (I'm removing tongue from cheek now)

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha good one Paul. This time, when I called my contact at 7 news, I gave them type (being PA-31) and that it was a twin. Let's see how they go. They got it right at the 1800 bulletin atleast!

Guest Flyer40

I was at my father in laws last night. He lives under the crosswind turn for 11.

I watched a twin fly over a few times and wondered why anyone was doing circuits in such marginal weather.

Then I wondered why the gear was still down. Then I wondered why the wheel base looked so short.

On the way home we did the obligatory lap of the perimeter road in time to watch a Citation land, but I wondered why he used 11L instead of centre. Then we saw the vehicles at the far end of centre, but didn't see the disabled aircraft. So I assumed it was WIP.

Thanks for answering all these questions Darren.