RAAF Pilot dream advice

CP_Adi

Guest doubled

If you want to impress - skip the PPL and do Maths first. They'll teach you to fly but won't teach you Mathematics, so its your educational background will get you through.

Recruiting's goal is to identify whether or not you can complete the training. You won't get past them without meeting the minimum criteria and then you'll be competing against other applicants. Don't get me wrong, having an PPL will assist, as you said it does show an interest. But, do the PPL for you.

I'm not trying to deter you, but here are some stats. Approximately 85% of applicants won't make it to flight screening. I don't know what the fail rate is on flight screening, but if you make it to 2FTS, somewhere between 50 and 70% of the people you start with won't be finishing the course and becoming Navigators, Air Traffic Controllers, Adminisrtators, and Supply Officers.

Hey, give it a go. It's a 100% fail rate if you don't try. The advantage is that the RAAF trains all pilots to the same level and any one can end up flying Hornets. The disadvantage is that it is a pretty high standard.

There was a show recently on channel 7 called "You've got the Job" where they had a group a people going through the interview process to get into the RAAF as pilots. I only saw it briefly but I think they were measuring the height and leg lengths of each applicant to see if they would be able to fit into the cockpit of the hornet.

I found this site that may give you some info if you haven't already seen it - http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/default.a ... .asp&p=742