Aviation Downunder - Now Open

TAA Steve

After months of planning and weeks of writing, I am please to annouce that Aviation Downunder is now officially open.

Aviation Downunder hopes to provide pilots learning to fly in Australia a place to find the information that is often buried under mounds of legislation and 20 links deep on government web sites. We aim to make finding answers to the commonly asked questions easy and make the tough choices of where to fly and with who a bit less complicated.

You do not need to be an Australian pilot to benefit from the advice given in the articles and provision will be made to extend the borders of the site in due course.

So, goto http://www.aviationdownunder.net and see for yourself.

Aviation Downunder, Your Site for Australian Aviation Information.

Guest Glenn

Congrats on the new site Steve. It looks professional and the skin is good and clean.

I wish you all the best with it. I'll keep checking it out :)

Just to let you know, the site is now closed until further notice.Reason....the dickheads that sign up and fuck around on the forum.

That's a shame. It loked like a good Site and it's a shame that people have to do something that will ruin it for others.

Guest Glenn

Sorry to hear that Steve. I did see some of the behaviour. It's a shame that some people have ruined it for others.

Hope you can get it back up soon

I don't know.

I was going to let it cool off and perhaps move to a different CMS with hopefully more security features.

It wasn't spam, but it was turning into PPrune, which I said to myself wasn't going to happen to my site.

People were posing as admins and mods and I've no idea what the TOP GUN guy's deal was.

It will re-open eventually, 1-2 weeks but I won't announce it, just keep checking. I think announcing it to a certain forum is what did it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Crash Lander

Any plans for an RAA section of the discussion forum?

Aviation in Australia has a large amount of RAA a/c too.